Recently, the city’s first responders were celebrated by The Center for Alexandria’s Children. The first responders serve the community’s toughest cases, those including abused and neglected children.
According to the Alexandria Times
, "The center honored the specialized Multidisciplinary Team at an appreciation luncheon at Belle Haven Country Club on Oct. 16. Team members include city detectives, prosecutors, social workers, therapists, doctors and nurses who collaborate, through the center’s Child Advocacy Center Program, to support child abuse victims."
Meghan Roberts, keynote speaker, and assistant city attorney said in a statement, "The truth is, we are all in this together. There isn’t one of us here who could do their job without someone else in this room. We came together because we all have a passion to leave this world better than we found it; we stay together because we see the progress we are making and know that our working together brings success for children and families."
As per Alexandria Times, "Bryan Porter, Commonwealth’s Attorney for Alexandria, acknowledged the large cost to the community – from crime, mental health costs and the cycle of abuse – when children don’t receive the services that they need. CAC provides specialized training, personal and professional support to each member of the Multidisciplinary Team so that every child who discloses abuse in Alexandria receives comprehensive services in one safe, child-friendly place."
Properties in Belle Haven
- $1,495,000: 6003 Grove Dr, Alexandria, VA 22307 | Belle Haven | Comparables | SOLD!
- $1,900,000: 2213 Windsor Rd, Alexandria, VA 22307 | Belle Haven | Comparables | SOLD!
- $800,000: 6220 Tally Ho Ln, Alexandria, VA 22307 | Belle Haven | Comparables | SOLD!
- $1,167,000: 6112 Woodmont Rd, Alexandria, VA 22307 | Belle Haven | Comparables | SOLD!
- $2,225,000: 6115 Vernon Ter, Alexandria, VA 22307 | Belle Haven | Comparables | SOLD!
See more in Belle Haven